Saturday, July 24, 2010

MFA Alumn Featured in New Anthology


Hi everyone - I signed off on the ARC last week; and have in my possession the actual proof of my soon-to-be released anthology. So much work left to do...simply an eye-opening experience. I cherish every moment!
I thought you might be interested to learn that some WCSU folks are in the anthology. Kirsten Genthner's essay, She Considers Her Maybes, is a beautiful piece about transitions as a mother; Jennifer Bouchard has two essays, Searching for Dali but Not Really (she won this editor's heart with her exquisite descriptions of Cadaques) and My Zen Garden about my favorite zen activity, gardening. Irene Sherlock's essay, Girls of Summer, is a beautiful tribute to life transitions experienced by mothers and daughters.
I look forward to seeing everyone at the residency on Sunday and Wednesday. If you have any questions about the book or the process, I'm more than happy to talk your ear off about it! :) Overall just looking forward to saying hello and hearing about everyone's learnings and successes in this wonderful world of writing. Cheers!

No comments: