Sunday, February 12, 2012

Enter the Black Orchid Novella Award - $1,000 + publication in AHMM

Submissions are welcome for the Black Orchid Novella Award (BONA), a blind contest run by the Wolfe Pack in partnership with Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine. The deadline is May 31, 2012. The winner receives $1,000 and publication in Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine.

Full rules are here: http://www.nerowolfe.org/htm/neroaward/black_orchid_award/BO_award_proc.htm

Any questions? Please contact me directly. (I'm the Wolfe Pack's Literary Awards Chair.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Jane. Unfortunately, none of my fiction meets the requirements – no detectives, too much violence, that sort of thing. I'm always interested in opportunities like these.

Jane K. Cleland said...

Darn... I say that because I know what a good writer you are... and we're looking for good writers.

Brian Thiem said...

I checked it out too, but my stuff has sex and violence...why would people want to read detective fiction without sex and violence anyway. ;)

Jane K. Cleland said...

Because they have enough sex and violence in their own lives and crave wit and a puzzle instead. :)