Monday, April 02, 2012

AWP 2013 in Boston

Folks, I strongly encourage you to attend next year's AWP conference, which will be in nearby (for those of you in CT) Boston.

They are currently accepting proposals for panels. Jane's panel was accepted in 2012, and I understand it went swimmingly. If you'd like to propose a panel (at the 2012 conference there were 1600 presententers), I strongly encourage you to review the proposal handbook at the link below, review the catalogue of events at a past conference or two, and run your proposal by someone who has had proposals accepted before (Jane or me, for example).

An AWP panel is a great item to have on your c.v. for teaching jobs. Deadline is May 1.

http://www.awpwriter.org/conference/2013proposal.php

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I plan on attending the AWP next year. I've never been to one and I think it would be a great experience. Plus, it's close by!
Jenn

Jane K. Cleland said...

Brian was a great resource for me in planning the panel. I'm glad to help if I can.