Friday, June 12, 2009

First-Semester Student Options

To All 1st-Semester Students:

During your first semester, I assign mentors to you who I believe to be a good fit for your background and interests. After the first semester you will have the opportunity to request the mentors you work with.

Meanwhile, in order to assign your mentors, I need to know which registration plan you will be using in the Fall. Please review PAGE 2 of this document closely: http://www.wcsu.edu/writing/mfa//pdf/2008-09%20Tuition%20and%20Fees.pdf and let me know no later than June 18 which option you are electing to take. The options can be a bit confusing, so please call me if you have any questions.

In short:
  • If you are in-state, full-time tuition is cheaper than the extension rate
  • If you are out-of-state, full-time tuition is more expensive than the extension rate, but the full-time rate makes you eligible for more GI benefits (if you are military) and more student loans.

Please be sure to let me know which option you prefer. If I don't hear from you by the 18th, Laurel will have to contact you directly.

No comments: