Friday, September 19, 2008

On the Go with TravelingMom.com

Hi everyone. A few exciting bits of news....

My essay Ah Wilderness appears in TravelingMom.com in three parts, along with a "hints" sidebar I wrote at the editor's request. You may recall the essay from my thesis.

One good thing leads to another... I've been asked by TravelingMom.com to become their 'resident sanity expert' and will be writing the weekly Sanity section of the ezine, as well as posting as a regular blogger for the site.

These are paying gigs, by the way!

Another essay from my thesis, BabyMaking 101, has been accepted for the November issue of the literary journal, MotherVerse. I've also been asked by the editor to submit an essay for a upcoming anthology being published.


Anne

10 comments:

Holly Azevedo said...

Hi, Anne,
Congratulations on the articles, and snagging the weekly "Sanity" section!

You're a great inspiration, and proof that persistence pays off (as does the MFA!)

All the best,

Holly

ACW said...

Thanks, Holly. You're right on both counts-persistance and MFA. Now if I could just use persistence to win powerball! :)
Anne

DLowe said...

Congrats, Anne. Good job! How come nobody ever asks me to be "sanity" expert? :)
Best,
Don

ACW said...

My husband keeps asking me if I made a mistake and it's really an "insanity" expert! He feels it's a better fit. :)
Anne

EBK said...

Great news Anne! You're firing on all cylinders now...keep up the good work!
--Ed

ACW said...

Thanks, Ed...you too! I'm still so psyched about your wins. Tremendous credentials :)
Anne

Laura B. Hayden said...

What a great post-grad start Anne. You're on your way to the mother lode.
Laura H

ACW said...

:) Cute pun! Thanks Laura.
Anne

Alexis Fedorjaczenko said...

That's great, Anne! I second what Holly said: you ARE an inspiration.

I'm glad too that the trip you write about went so well - traveling with friends is fun, but can also be quite a challenge!

ACW said...

I'm playing tennis now with one of the moms from the trip and THAT isn't as friendly... (only kidding!)

Well, I'm glad to be inspiring... there are certainly many, many people who have inspired me and are the big reason why I keep going at this...

But I believe each of us is inspiring in our own way. I put up a post on the alumni blog about giving back with our writing -- and my recent visit with students at a boarding school for kids with learning challenges. I talk to the kids about writing and how it's helped me be successful in life -- sometimes all we have to do is share our story and be willing to give our time.

Anne