Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Script Reading in New York

Hello everyone-

Thanks again to all who watched the performance of my script If Not You at the residency. I am pleased to announce that the script was chosen by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and will be performed in New York on September 22, 2008.

The script is now called, Return to Darfur as the previous title wasn't a hit in New York.

Thanks to Louisa for all her hard work in making this happen.

The website contains more information. If you're going to be in the New York area during that time stop by I'd love to see you.

Click here: Playreading Hosted by Arlene Dahl - Mon 22-Sep-08 5:30 PM. A calendar event on New York Emmy® Awards

http://www.nyemmys.org/en/cev/217

14 comments:

Lisa Miller said...

Vonda,

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on achieving two of your goals at once - moving forward in your screenwriting career and raising awareness for a cause you care about so much. Great job!

Lisa Miller

Elizabeth Ferris said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic! I wish you the best!

ACW said...

This is awesome, Vonda! If I'm in the city on the 22nd I'll be sure to try to make it.

Anne

DLowe said...

Really proud of you, Vonda. You're amazing. Hope it pushes the project further.
Don

Lisa said...

Congratulations, roomie! That is awesome news, I am so excited for you!

Adam said...

Wow Lisa, that's great! Congrats. I'm sure your screenplay will do wonderfully.

Adam

Carmen Palmer said...

congrats vonda! what an accomplishment ;)

Lisa Smith-Overton said...

You go, girl! I want a signed copy of your script before your head gets too big. Congrats!

Lisa S-O

Robert Kalm said...

way to go Vonda. The agents are going to be calling.

JBouchard said...

Vonda, I'm so excited for you. Your hard work has paid off!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Your support means a lot. I miss the program, not the stessful work, but the program.

Enjoy it. It goes by fast.

Don't worry I won't forget you when I make it big. Discount movie tickets for everyone!!!!

Robert Kalm said...

Only "discount" tickets. Gone Hollywood already ;-)

Kathy said...

Vonda:
Fireworks! Champagne! A dozen roses! Bring it all on - congratulations!

Kathy

Polly said...

Vonda -
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you - you and your story deserve such prime attention -
Polly