Thursday, May 28, 2009

They Said I Am A Finalist

My short story, The Butcher, the Surgeon and Me, has just been named a finalist in March 2009 Glimmer Train Fiction Open.

Me?

I want to thank Don Snyder for first saying out that the story had potentials when he read the initial draft. I specially thank Dan Pope for taking the time to read the story during the residency and pointing out the direction to take it.

Since I entered it for the Fiction Open, I have worked on it with Mark Sundeen. Thanks to Mark, it is now in far better shape to meet the world.

Anyone who knows the Glimmer Train people should warn them. If they keep giving me ideas, I may start believing.

… and may start practicing The Big Speech.

I want to thank Brian for accepting me into the wonderful MFA program at Western Connecticut State University. I thank all the staff of our great program for grooming me even when I appeared hopeless. I want to thank my colleagues for encouraging me and resisting the temptation to run me out of town. This Obel Prize is for you all.… blab bla bla.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/glimmertrain/09-March-FO-Top-25-list.pdf

Cheers
Rudolf

11 comments:

DLowe said...

Nice going, Rudolf!!! They get a ton of stories for each one of those contests. That's a real big deal.
Best wishes,
Don

Gwen Jones said...

Glimmer Train! That is so excellent Rudolf! Good Luck!

Holly Azevedo said...

Congratulations, Rudolf!

Aaliyah said...

Ruldolf,

That's great news. Cograts:)

Elizabeth Ferris said...

Rudolf! i'm so proud of you. Best of luck and see you in august? ps. I still have two of your stories to give back to you.

Adam said...

Wow, Rudolf. I've been trying to hijack my way into Glimmer Train for years. You have no idea how jealous I am. Nice job!

ACW said...

Rudolf - Wonderful news! What a big accomplishment. Congratulations.
Anne

Laura B. Hayden said...

Great job Rudolf. I wish there was a link to the story. Maybe we camae read it in August.

Carmen Palmer said...

Congratulations and happy writing!

Carmen Palmer

David Holub said...

got my e-mail newsletter from glimmer train today announcing winners and finalists. of course, there was your name. congrats and well done.

DH

NM said...

Good show!