Thursday, October 07, 2010

Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?

Hello All,

Some of you probably know I have been in search of employment for awhile. Because of my teaching and writing background, I have been contacted a few times by recruiters from various financial and insurance businesses looking to train career transition-ers in the fine art of selling and advising clients on available financial and risk services. Having made enough financial mistakes in my life-time to fill a book (hmmm . . ), I am considering becoming a Financial Services Associate for Prudential.

Currently, I am in the process of being considered for its 27 week training program. One of the "skills" I must demonstrate in order to move forward with the training is the ability to create a personal network of 200 names and addresses of people I would be comfortable reaching out to for business or referrals. I have reached 50% of this goal. This network is for my use only, and it is among many other avenues that are available to me to generate business.

May I be so bold as to request that any member of this blog who is willing to help me and wish to consider becoming a part of my network list email me at antonia.schachter@gmail.com? (Again, the list is solely my property and will never be misused.)

Thanks for any support you can provide me in this endeavor.

Tonia

No comments: