Note: Our students have won in the past. Consider submitting your work to these CT Review contests.
CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM
GENRES: POETRY, FICTION, & NONFICTION ESSAY
DEADLINE: Postmarked by December 4, 2010
The CT Review will publish winning work in Spring, 2011. Honorable mentions will be published on the CT Review website. http://www.ct.edu/ctreview/
To enter the contests, you must be currently enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at SCSU, ECSU, WCSU or CCSU. You may enter work in more than one genre.
RULES FOR FICTION AND NONFICTION ESSAY
1. Submit two typed copies of each entry.
2. 2500 words or less per entry.
3. One copy of the entry should have name, address, e-mail, phone number, school and current ACADEMIC STATUS. One copy, which will be sent to the national judge, should have no name.
4. Include a cover letter with a brief biography.
5. Work will not be returned. Include an SASE for results.
RULES FOR POETRY - TWO CONTESTS
Leslie Leeds Poetry Contest
Leo Connellan Poetry Contest
1. Follow the rules for Fiction and Nonfiction Essay, except submit FIVE different poems, which will be judged individually, not as a group. Please submit just ONE set of five; they will be considered for BOTH poetry contests.
2. Each poem can have no more than 34 lines (excluding title and stanza breaks).
Send work to:
Professor Mary Collins
Central Connecticut State University
1615 Stanley St.
New Britain, Ct. 06050-6010
Questions, e-mail Professor Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 860-832-2770.