Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Corporate Writer Workshop

Hi everyone! As Brian mentioned I'll be stepping in for Mark Misercola to lead The Corporate Writer workshop at residency. I've managed across all disciplines of corporate communications - executive, employee, media & PR, marketing, crisis and acquisitions. I'm also a social media geek. So as I get ready to "inspire" you here are a couple of housekeeping items I'd love for you to address:


  • Please email me at AnneWitkavitch@comcast.net and share why you're attending the workshop, what your particular interest in corporating writing is, how you hope to apply what you learn (if you know!) and 1-2 things you'd like to take away from the session. Corporate writing is a broad topic and this will help me finetune the presentation to focus on what you're most interested in.

  • The basics of business writing are simplicity, clarity and audience. If you can, grab and peruse a copy of William Zinsser's On Writing Well before the workshop. This isn't required reading but it will add more depth to the discussion (and it's a quick read).

  • I regularly post interesting articles and links to my FB page for Anne W Associates. Feel free to "Like" the page if you're on Facebook. I'll also email links to articles that make interesting reading prior to the course.

If you want to know more about me visit my LinkedIn page http://www.linkedin.com/in/annewitkavitch.


I look forward to seeing you at residency!


No comments: