Thursday, March 26, 2009

March was a very busy month for me...

Hi all. My head's been spinning for a while, so apologies for the mega-update.

March started well with the launch of Brain Harvest, new online magazine that publishes sudden fiction for the Web and also for various mobile devices. The premiere story was my own Patmos Like Pink Elephants. The 'zine was featured on both BoingBoing and Galleycat, so I got a lot of eyeballs.

Then, You Might Sleep..., my short story collection, was published after lengthy delays. Do check it out. It is just now percolating through various distribution channels. (It went live on Amazon only today, for example.)

THEN, Clarkesworld, the online magazine I co-edited in 2008 was nominated for science fiction's leading award, the Hugo, in the fairly obscure "semi-pro zine" category. This is likely as close as I'll ever come to a direct Hugo nomination, so I'm quite pleased.

FINALLY, my story with Tim Pratt, The Dude Who Collected Lovecraft, was nominated for the Horror Writers Association's Bram Stoker award in the Short Fiction category.



Of course, today I got two rejection slips within five minutes of one another, but that's the writing life. March still rocked.

Hope all is well with everyone.

4 comments:

DLowe said...

You rock. Nice, Nick!

Adam said...

Holy shit, man. Way to go!

David Holub said...

keep it going, man.
don't you love those perfectly-timed rejections to keep you grounded?

Kathy said...

Nick,
Way to go! Gives hope to those of us slogging away in the last few weeks of our MFA!

Kathy