Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vermont Studio Center

hi all ... hope you are doing and writing well. I just wanted to share the good news that, very last minute, I was accepted into a month long writing residency at the Vermont Studio Center. I managed to convince my employer to let me take the time off (just got the final ok late Friday!) and today I find myself settling into a studio space overlooking a river in a small village in Vermont. There is an international group of amazing creative people here, both writers and visual artists, and I hope to really immerse myself in my writing over the next month. I feel so grateful for this getaway and encourage any of you who haven't yet looked into retreats to check them out.

5 comments:

David Holub said...

Man that sounds like heaven. Congrats and good luck!

Aaliyah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaliyah said...

Way to go on convincing your employer for a whole month off. I'm sure your residency is going to be productive. Looking forward to hearing your stories when you get back.

scribbler_kate said...

Alexis,
Such great news ~ congratulations! Milk your time for all it's worth! And know there's plenty of people (well, me, at least!) who are envious!! Nice job - I'm sure you earned it, and I'll be so excited to hear about it!

Laura B. Hayden said...

What a deserved opportunity. Write your heart (and head)out - and enjoy.